Fire Area Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

New Fire Update – 8-1-14 4:30 PM


About 2:30 this afternoon, a new start was reported west of Highway 20, about 1/2 mile south of Twin Lakes Road. The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Fire Protection District 6 are doing initial attack are coordinating air and ground resources with the Rocky Mountain Incident Management Team. The fire appears to be moving northwest around Liberty Bell High School where the Carlton Complex Incident Command Post (ICP) is located. Carlton Complex personnel have secured the ICP and are continuing fire suppression efforts on the Carlton Complex.

We are experiencing 20 mile an hour winds with thunderstorms moving through the area.

Level three evacuations are in place for the Twin Lakes Road to Wandling Road and Signal Hill Road. Winthrop is at level 2 evacuations.

Highway 20 is closed from mile post 196 to mile post 202; at the old Twisp Highway.

2 comments:

  1. I live in California, but my daughter, granddaughter and 2 great granddaughters live in Winthrop. I don't know what I would do without this website! It is the only way I have been able to get any information on what is going on out there. I am so concerned about my family. But I just wanted to say thank you for the updates. They are greatly appreciated by me. I hope everyone up there is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl the Methow Valley News Facebook page is another excellent source for current updates.

    ReplyDelete